Terms and Conditions
Updated: July 30, 2022
- These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least 13 years of age.
- Sparrow-publishing.ca is equivalent to us, we, our team, virtual assistant website, website and site.
- The material presented on this website should not be taken as a suggestion or advice, this material should be taken as informative articles and for the purpose of enjoyment. Please note that information always changes based on new scientific findings.
- By creating an account on sparrow-publishing.ca, you agree that you are going to receive password updates, booking information, and other website notifications and records of your account changes via e-mail notifications – one may unsubscribe these e-mails by deleting the account. Please note that these e-mails will not contain selling or marketing materials – unless you have subscribed specifically for marketing materials.
- It is prohibited to use sparrow-publishing.ca for product and service soliciting to providers via B2B processes.
- It is illegal and prohibited to attempt to gain access to admin/login/website files/entring PHP extensions and logins and more. There is nothing special on the admin side.
- It is prohibited to use language that is not family-friendly on this website
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, sparrow-publishing.ca and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or others from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- share any materials from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without sparrow-publishing.ca’s express written consent;
- You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without sparrow-publishing.ca’s express written consent;
- You must not use offensive/harassing language, or produce disputes; this is a rated G website – everyone should be comfortable visiting this website
Please do not e-mail Irrelevant Content
Please do not e-mail Sparrow Publishing website irrelevant content.
What is Irrelevant E-mail Content?
- Any e-mails or content that violate terms and conditions
- If you are a child under the age of 18 and sending an e-mail without your parent’s/ parents’/ guardian’s knowledge or guidance
- Any e-mails or content having non-PG, non-user-friendly content and language
- Any personal e-mails in regards to meeting people. Please note this website is not for meeting people, but for reading family-friendly entertaining articles and the like
- Sending any forms of links of any kind within e-mails
- Sending phishing e-mails, and/or e-mails with viruses
- Sending e-mails to gain access to admin. Please note that there is nothing special or valuable on the admin side.
- Sending SEO and website upgrade e-mails from non-Canadian countries
- Any B2B e-mails, including international e-mails, regarding SEO, websites, website updates, e-commerce website creations, apps, and marketing of any shape or form
- Any e-mails that have links
- Any e-mails that are considered to be spam
- Sending advertising emails from any country. Advertisements are not allowed to be sent between Canadian businesses via emails, and any advertising e-mails from non-Canadian businesses are therefore treated the same at Sparrow Publishing. If you are sending an international advertising e-mail, then your e-mail is irrelevant and goes automatically to junk and deleted. If you are sending an international advertising e-mail, stating that you have previously worked with Canadian companies, your e-mail will automatically go to junk and get deleted.
- Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. sparrow-publishing.ca reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at sparrow-publishing.ca’s discretion.
- If sparrow-publishing.ca provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
- sparrow-publishing.ca is a website that works to reduce restricted information content.
- sparrow-publishing.ca may disable your user ID and password at sparrow-publishing.ca’s sole discretion without notices or explanation.
- In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for informative purposes.
- Note to website visitors: Website visitors’ user content will not be used for promotion of sparrow-publishing.ca content via media, nor it will be used for any other purpose; except if the visitors/customers will consent to share their work on the website as a reference to the website, other website visitors will be able to view the work done as a reference and visit their websites.
- Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or sparrow-publishing.ca or a third party in each case under any applicable law.
- You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints.
- sparrow-publishing.ca reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, stored on sparrow-publishing.ca’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
- Notwithstanding sparrow-publishing.ca’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, sparrow-publishing.ca does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to or the publication of such content on this website.
- This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. sparrow-publishing.ca makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, sparrow-publishing.ca does not warrant that:
* this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
* the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading
- Nothing on this website constitutes or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
- Please note that the provided articles are not suggestions, they are meant to be read for an informative-entertaining read
Limitations of liability
- sparrow-publishing.ca will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
* to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
* for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
* for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
- These limitations of liability apply even if sparrow-publishing.ca has been expressly advised of the potential loss
- sparrow-publishing.ca does not promise an increase in customers
- Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit, and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit sparrow-publishing.ca’s liability in respect of any:
* matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for sparrow-publishing.ca to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability
- By using the sparrow-publishing.ca website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website
- You accept that, as a limited liability entity, sparrow-publishing.ca has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against sparrow-publishing.ca’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect sparrow-publishing.ca’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as sparrow-publishing.ca.
- If any provision of this website disclaimer is or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
- You hereby indemnify sparrow-publishing.ca and undertake to keep sparrow-publishing.ca indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by sparrow-publishing.ca to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of sparrow-publishing.ca’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by sparrow-publishing.ca arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to sparrow-publishing.ca’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, sparrow-publishing.ca may take such action as sparrow-publishing.ca deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
- sparrow-publishing.ca may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
- sparrow-publishing.ca may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with sparrow-publishing.ca’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
- You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- No advice
- This website may contain general information. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.
- Sparrow-publishing.ca is not liable for visitors’ experiences.
- Sparrow-publishing.ca encourages and welcomes visitors to leave reviews.
Limitation of warranties
- The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. sparrow-publishing.ca makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, sparrow-publishing.ca does not warrant that:
* the information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
* the information on this website contained within articles is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading as scientific research and finding always change or change over time
- You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to legal advice from other professional services providers.
- Nothing in this legal disclaimer will limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Please do not send e-mail spam to sparrow-publishing.ca. Please do not send e-mails with solicitations of any sort to sparrow-publishing.ca.
What is spam?
- In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose.
sparrow-publishing.ca has a zero-tolerance spam policy.
Automated spam filtering
- sparrow-publishing.ca’s messaging systems automatically scan all incoming emails and other messages, and filter-out messages that appear to be spam.
Problems with spam filtering
- No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered-out by sparrow-publishing.ca’s systems.
- If you believe this has happened to a message you have sent, please advise the message recipient by other means, for example, a phone call.
- You can reduce the risk of a message being caught by the spam filters by sending the message in plain text (i.e. no HTML), removing any attachments, and ensuring that your messages are scanned for malware before dispatch.
- sparrow-publishing.ca may provide a facility that enables users to send email messages / private messages pertaining to appointments set up with vendors or sparrow-publishing.ca message reminders of services and package perks availability.
- Users must not use this site to send unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, whether or not for commercial purposes. Full terms and conditions concerning the use of the site are set out in the full document found above.
Receipt of unwanted messages from sparrow-publishing.ca
- In the unlikely event that you receive any message from sparrow-publishing.ca or sent using sparrow-publishing.ca’s systems that may be considered to be spam, please contact sparrow-publishing.ca using the details below and the matter will be investigated.
e-mail: info @ sparrow-publishing.ca
Changes to this anti-spam policy
- sparrow-publishing.ca may amend this anti-spam policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website.
- Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by web browsers.
- The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
- There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
- sparrow-publishing.ca uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
* Improve the website’s user-friendly interface
* Provide a better service
- sparrow-publishing.ca may monetize the site via Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies – just like on any other website. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: google.com/ads/preferences/
Google cookies – continuation
- You may opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: www.google.com/privacy_ads.html However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin
- When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third-party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
* How to better serve visitors
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
- Blocking cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of some websites.
These terms and conditions, together with a legal disclaimer, and anti-spam policy, constitute the entire agreement between you and sparrow-publishing.ca in relation to your use of this website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Contact us via e-mail: info @ sparrow-publishing.ca
- sparrow-publishing.ca is SSL protected, this includes the encryption of this website.
- Your privacy is important to sparrow-publishing.ca. This privacy statement provides information about ways in which sparrow-publishing.ca may use any personal information of site visitors who create an account on sparrow-publishing.ca.
- sparrow-publishing.ca is doing its best to comply with all privacy policies and so should you; it is both sparrow-publishing.ca responsibility and your responsibility.
- sparrow-publishing.ca will not share the information entered on sparrow-publishing.ca by visitors who create visitor/user accounts.
Personal information collection
sparrow-publishing.ca may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
* Information about your use of this website;
* Information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website;
* information about transactions carried out over this website;
* Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services; and
* Any other information that you may send to sparrow-publishing.ca, including e-mails directed to our team
Using personal information
sparrow-publishing.ca may use your personal information to:
* administer this website;
* personalize the website for you;
* enable your access to and use of the website services;
* if website visitor consents to show work done, for example, website or graphic design work and wishes to share this information on sparrow-publishing.ca, this information will be shared with sparrow-publishing.ca visitors and the public.
* Send to you statements and invoices or e-mail receipts and confirmations;
*Visitors’ communication/information/quotations/invoices with the sparrow-publishing.ca team will not be used/shared in any way by sparrow-publishing.ca with any other third party entity; this information will be stored on sparrow-publishing.ca until you will delete it on your account at your will; except for the instances when sparrow-publishing.ca would decide to delete the information within 10-30 days. Please note that you may create a backup of this information so that you may have a back-up if you will delete this information or if this information will get deleted by sparrow-publishing.ca
In the case of a sub-contractor, a lengthy terms and conditions contract will be used to prevent visitors’ personal information sharing, if such personal information of users were to come across while working on a project. Sparrow-publishing.ca has no interest in sharing visitors’ personal information and any forms of communications, except for comments posted on the website by visitors.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, sparrow-publishing.ca may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
- This website contains links to other websites.
- sparrow-publishing.ca is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any other websites, for example, social media links.
Securing your data
- sparrow-publishing.ca will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- sparrow-publishing.ca will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers for the purpose of maintaining the user account, otherwise, a user account will be deleted or non-existent.
- Information relating to electronic transactions entered via this website will be protected by encryption technology and not stored on this website, however, you may receive an invoice or e-mail confirmation (please remember to check your spam or junk folder on your e-mail account).
- Once a visitor (website user or website provider) will delete his or her account, the information will no longer be stored on sparrow-publishing.ca or its secured servers. This information will be forever discarded and irretrievable.
It is also your responsibility to keep your data safe, please see the below as best kept practices;
- Your password should be complex, please use caps, numbers and it should be hard to guess
- Please change your password every month
- Please do not share your password with anyone else
- Please clear cache and other private data after using this website, to keep your password and other information safe
- Please use private wifi (internet) as it is safer; public wifi allows other public wifi users to connect to your computer, laptop, smartphone, phone, or tablet and view, broadcast and distribute your private information
- Please note that all of the e-mails, invoices and any miscellaneous requests such as quotations could be deleted between 10-30 days if deemed as no longer required
Cross-border data transfers
- sparrow-publishing.ca operates only in Canada.
- If you are a visitor from other countries and send an e-mail or comment on articles on sparrow-publishing.ca, the content you sent or post could be considered cross-border.
- Please note that this site is SSL encrypted and we are doing our best to protect any information entering sparrow-publishing.ca.
- Only you can share your information with sparrow-publishing.ca. Once you will delete the account, the information will be deleted forever. Please note that your password will not be shared with anyone. Please note that sparrow-publishing.ca does not have any access to your password. Please do not share your password with anyone. Any sensitive information will be encrypted. Sensitive information entails any payment transactions.
- If you are a provider, your listing information will be shared on the website and disseminated via different media
- Please note that sparrow-publishing.ca does not have any access to your password information. Any sensitive information will be encrypted. Sensitive information entails any payment transactions.
- Personal data that sparrow-publishing.ca may collect from users and site visitors, may include email addresses, personal account preferences; transaction data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies
- You should also note any collection and retention of sensitive personal data; this information will not be shared with anyone and all e-mails and transactions will be deleted after a selected period of time (between 10 and 30 days). No information will be retained pertaining to transactions and associated information for more than a selected period of time. If you were to log in to your sparrow-publishing.ca account and see any information missing since a while ago, this information may have been deleted after 10-30 days
- sparrow-publishing.ca will hold information about appointment setting and booking inquiries for appointment reminders purposes only.
- Sparrow-publishing.ca encourages you, visitors, to delete any information that is older than 30 days from the sparrow-publishing.ca account.
- Please note that personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, and analytics.
- All information is encrypted on sparrow-publishing.ca
- Cookies are collected for enhancing the experience of this site.
- By default, this website origin does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users for account registration.
- When visitors leave comments on this website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- All uploaded files are usually publicly accessible. If you would like to post text, images or media on sparrow-publishing.ca, visitors will be able to view them.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
- Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- On sparrow-publishing.ca, your e-mail will stay about 10-30 days and then it will be deleted.
- sparrow-publishing.ca is not interested in storing your e-mail communications and they are going to be deleted automatically within (10-30 days). For example, if you would like to retrieve your e-mail communications associated with your account from a few months ago, sparrow-publishing.ca will not have your e-mail communication. However, all e-mail communications will be sent to your personal e-mail account and you will be able to review your e-mail communications unless you will delete them with your consent.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- When editing or publishing an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
- Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- sparrow-publishing.ca will monitor analytics related to the articles provided in the blog section to enhance the website user experience.
Who we share your data
- Sparrow-publishing.ca will not share visitors’ information entered on visitors’ accounts on sparrow-publishing.ca with third parties.
- During the instances when visitors on sparrow-publishing.ca will share their information regarding their appointment bookings and quote inquiries – sparrow-publishing.ca will not share this information with third parties.
- Sparrow-publishing.ca works hard to reduce any redundant information sharing on the site.
Links to other privacy policies;
How long your information is retained if there is any?
- sparrow-publishing.ca does not intend to keep transaction data. Please note that all sparrow-publishing.ca communication exchanges will be deleted within 10-30 days.
- As a website user, including visitors, if the e-mail communications, invoices, quote replies and any communications were not deleted on your user/visitor interface, then it will be your personal responsibility to delete these forms of communications on your user interface; you can store the information on your technology devices for your personal use, but not on sparrow-publishing.ca. It is also your responsibility to delete or store your communications confirmation emails.
- If you leave a comment or question, the comment or question and its metadata are retained indefinitely, this is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on sparrow-publishing.ca, we also store the personal information users provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username once the username is created). Website administrators can also see and edit that information – mainly for account delete requests by the owner of the account, provided the website user was unable to delete the account.
- Comments will remain for as long as the post exists
- Website administrators will not be entering, reading, or sharing your personal user information at all times; only if you have sent an e-mail request, then sparrow-publishing.ca will try to resolve any issue related to your account.
What rights do you have over your data?
- If you have an account on this website or have left comments, you go back to your account and review the data you have entered your account. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you if you cannot access your account. Also, you will be able to request to delete your account via e-mail request. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- To visitors, your visitor/user information will not be sent or transferred to other places than sparrow-publishing.ca.
- Your password and sensitive information will not be shared or transferred.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
- This site is SSL encrypted to protect website users’ data.
- There is staff training to protect personal data.
- Any work is conducted on the virus, malware protected technology
- sparrow-publishing.ca will delete all transactions that are no longer needed and this information will be irretrievable
Data breach procedures that we have in place
- In case of a data breach, sparrow-publishing.ca will send out an e-mail informing all website users with created accounts, other organizations and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- sparrow-publishing.ca will conduct an investigation to further prevent any data breaches in the future
What do third parties receive?
- Third parties are analytics to improve the usability of this website.
What automated decision making and/or profiling do Sparrow Team do with user data
- sparrow-publishing.ca does not permit aggregating data into an advertising profile – except when you choose a provider, it may show similar providers on the same page.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
- Information exchanges are strictly exchanged between visitors to sparrow-publishing.ca; this information will not be exchanged with other parties.
- sparrow-publishing.ca will not share information of visitors who have created visitor accounts
To all visitors who create an account
- Please create an e-mail backup and delete all the information and communication information every so often
- Should there be an android app, using an online browser is always more safe pertaining to security
- sparrow-publishing.ca will not be responsible for the information sharing those visitors who have created visitor accounts on sparrow-publishing.ca have shared their information with other parties
Updating this statement
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.